Sunday, October 25, 2015

Chicken Ranch Burgers

There are so many turkey burger recipes out there (my previous post haha) but the chicken needs love too!! Don't get me wrong I love homemade turkey burgers but I have a new love of ground chicken. I use it for tacos now and I cannot get enough! I tried ground chicken burgers for the first time and they were delicious! (aside from one minor thing -- I forgot to add the low sodium soy sauce haha so they were a tad difficult to form into patties; a tad sticky to say the very least! Lesson learned -- DO NOT FORGET THE SOY SAUCE!)

I had a clever idea -- a friend of mine sent me a pin for turkey ranch burgers. I used that recipe but substituted the ground turkey with ground chicken :). Also, the title of the recipe is the ONLY place that you'll see ranch in this whole recipe! I promise you, if you stick around, the mystery will be solved! ;)

Chicken Ranch Burgers 

1 lb ground chicken
1 tsp fresh parsley
1 tsp dried dill
1/2 tsp garlic powder 
1/2 tsp onion powder 
1/4 tsp sea salt 
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Dash of low sodium soy sauce -- don't forget this!! ;)
Romaine lettuce to wrap burgers 
Slice of your choice of cheese (I used fat free Swiss - yum!!)

Preparation 

1. Combine all ingredients together with ground chicken.

2. Divide into 4 patties (depending on how many people are in your household you may want to double the meat and make it 2 lbs and modify the remaining ingredients for the extra meat).

3. Grill patties until done. (I baked mine for about 15 minutes at 325 but that depends on your oven!).

4. Top with sliced cheese and prepare lettuce wraps to serve as your "bun". Enjoy!!!!

Mystery solved --> "ranch" is the parsley and the dill (the main ingredients in ranch dressing!!)

*I had this with sautéed mushrooms and onions. Along with garden vegetable rice with green beans and black beans. As you can see -- I LOVE VEGGIES :)!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment