Monday, November 9, 2015

Spinach Chicken Salad

Spinach has not always been on my grocery list. I recently discovered that I ACTUALLY like spinach about 5 years ago :). I more recently discovered that I enjoy spinach raw rather than sautéed. That's the beauty of veggies, they come in all different sizes, colors and textures just like people :)! I threw this recipe together because I didn't want the last of my food to go bad before I started over again with a trip to the market!

Spinach Chicken Salad 

1 cup spinach 
Leftover chicken thighs or breasts or legs
1/3 cup black beans (canned or bagged)
1 boiled egg
1 tsp of balsamic vinaigrette (homemade or lite store brought)

Preparation

1. Wash spinach.
2. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces.
3. Boil, peel and cut egg.
4. Drain black beans.
5. Put all ingredients together in big serving bowl or divide into smaller bowls. Drizzle with Balsamic. Enjoy!!
*sprinkle a little lemon juice on the salad to keep it fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment