Sunday, December 20, 2015

Homemade Tortilla Chips

I love tortilla chips as a side with my tacos. But OF COURSE the chips in the store are chaulk full of salt!!! So I did some research and decided to make my own :). One day I will actually made them from scratch (making the actual tortilla) but for now I'm using already made tortilla wraps!! They're so good and light and salt less!!!

Homemade Tortilla Chips
2 whole wheat tortilla wraps
Olive oil or olive oil based cooking spray
Pinch of garlic powder 
Pinch of sea salt (I omitted salt but if you do use salt, please use sea salt!)

Preparation 
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Cut the 2 whole wheat tortilla wraps into triangle pieces or a shape that looks close to a triangle 
3. Line cookie sheet with aluminum foil and spray with olive oil based cooking spray or sprinkle olive oil on.
4. Place cut pieces of tortilla wraps onto lined baking sheet. Spray pieces with olive oil based cooking spray or sprinkle with olive oil.
5. Season pieces with garlic powder and salt (of desired)
6. Place in oven and bake for 10 minutes. Checking a few times before done. Pull out of oven once chips are crispy.
7. Serve immediately and top with cheese of your choice, if desired or other toppings! Enjoy!!!

*If you need to make a bunch, just use more tortilla wraps!

I put the leftovers in a ziplock bag and kept in my fruit bowl. They can also be used as "scoops" if you make a taco salad (my lunch for tomorrow!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment