Sunday, December 20, 2015

Homemade Whole Wheat Pancakes

 Who doesn't like pancakes on the weekend?! I normally despise making pancakes and waffles for breakfast because the clean up is not my favorite thing to do. But I sucked it up and did it today and you know what?! The clean up was NOT bad AT ALL. I like to clean as I go. I was just in the mood for pancakes and of course, I had to take healthy alternative. 

Homemade Whole Wheat Pancakes
2 cups whole wheat flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 tablespoons olive oil or vegetable oil
1 cup almond milk
1 egg, beaten

Preparation
1. Preheat frying pan, pancake maker or griddle.
2. Put wheat flour, salt, sugar and baking powder in large mixing bowl. DON'T MIX YET!
3. Make a well in the middle of the bowl and add egg, milk and olive oil.
4. Mix all ingredients together in mixing bowl.
5. Measure out batter to your liking and put on heated frying pan, pancake maker or griddle. Wait until batter is bubbly, then flip.
6. Serve immediately!! I topped with blackberries, honey and cinnamon. Feel free to your own variations of toppings. Enjoy!!!

My batch made 8 small pancakes (if you're feeding an army, alter the ingredients to make more batter). I froze what I didn't eat and will have those for breakfast for the week! You could also use this batter to make homemade waffles too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment