Sunday, December 20, 2015

Portobello Mushroom Pizza

I love pizza but I also know that the older I get, the more I have conscious I have to be about what I put into my body. And by conscious, I mean I have to watch the amount of carbs that I put into my body :). So I have researched and found there are ways to alter and improvise. When I treat myself or haven't reached my carb intake for the day, I use wheat flatouts or mini wheat pizza crusts. 

Portobello Mushroom Pizza
2 Portobello Mushroom caps
2 pieces of prosciutto
A few pieces of fresh Mozzarella cheese (you can use whatever kind of cheese you'd prefer)
A handful of feta cheese
A handful of spring mix (you can use whatever green veggies you'd prefer)
Sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper, parsley, basil, oregano and garlic (minced)
Drizzle of extra virgin olive olive

Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 375.
2. Clean mushroom caps and pat dry.
3. To prevent soggy mushroom caps, make a circle with a piece of aluminum foil and put caps on top.
4. Sprinkle extra virgin olive oil on caps and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Dress mushroom caps.
6. Put in oven for 20 - 25 minutes. Take out one mushrooms are soft and cheese is soft.
7. Sprinkle with more basil, if desired. Serve immediately. Enjoy!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment