Sunday, January 17, 2016

Zoodles, Squashoodles and Turkey Sausage

Who doesn't love a good pasta dish? Shoot every pasta dish I've ever had is GREAT!!! But to stay consistent with my healthy lifestyle change, I have been researching ways to limit my pasta intake. I was introduced to a spiraler :) I love it, it's handheld and easy to clean; even comes with a clean brush! Now you cannot beat that! It's by Spiralife and I got it on Amazon for $14. I recommend that you purchase one ASAP and you can mark my word -- YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED. Did I mention that the company emails you an e-book of Spiralife Recipes (only if you order via Amazon) and that was a surprise to me! Then after you receive the spiralizer, the company sends you another email with tips on how to use it :)!! Who doesn't love that?!! That's an A+ in my book!
I didn't find this recipe anywhere, specifically, I just gathered what seemed like the easiest veggies to spiral and I was on my way. You can spiral cucumbers, carrots, sweet potatoes and the list goes on and on. Have fun spiraling any veggies you like!

Zoodles, Squashoodles (I made this word up) and Turkey Sausage1 zucchini
1 yellow squash
2 turkey sausage ropes
Spiralife Spiralizer

Preparation   1. Wash Zucchini and squash. Set aside.
2. Wash turkey sausage and cook according to package directions. I usually do mine in the oven.
3. When sausage is done. Set aside.
4. Put zucchini and squash through spiralizer; unpeeled.
5. Once the zucchini and squash are spiraled put in the bowl you are eating out of (makes about 3 bowl fulls so I put the rest in the fridge for later in the week). Add your desired amount of turkey sausage to "noodles" and you can add pasta sauce of your choice. Enjoy!!
*I didn't saute my veggies after I spiraled them but feel free to do so. I said that I would do that next time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment