Wednesday, January 20, 2016

Kale Chips

Kale is one of my favorite foods. A few years back, you wouldn't catch me saying the word 'kale' out of my mouth or even cross my mind as a thought. When I began implementing healthy food into my every day life and working on this ongoing lifestyle change, I started to branch out and see what the healthy food department had in stock. Along with kale, I also discovered spinach and arugula. My favorite is when they all three or even two of them come together in a bag instead of buying them separately. I love when grocery stores help me save even more money by putting all of my favorite greens together in ONE bag :) 
Since discovering kale, I would hear about kale chips and I kept telling myself that I would try them one day. I cannot even begin to tell you how many times kale has passed through my kitchen and wasn't made into chips! Tonight I finally decided to give it a try! I did the "impending snow storm" grocery run today and found a rather large bag of kale! To my surprise I saw the recipe for kale chips on the back and it called for half the bag; even better!!! You should really try them! Super simple and quick to make and they just so crunchy!!

Kale Chips
16 oz glory kale chips (1/2 bag)
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tsp sea salt

Preparation
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Wash kale greens and pat dry with paper towel or in salad spinner.
3. Put dried kale in big bowl and toss with 2 tbsp olive oil and 2 tsp sea salt.
4. Put kale on single layer on one or two baking sheets; lined with aluminum foil.
5. Bake for 10 - 15 minutes or until kale starts to crisp and slightly brown.
6. Enjoy!! *Sprinkle with Italian seasoning or parm cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment