Sunday, April 10, 2016

Panko Crusted Salmon

Salmon is my favorite fish. Now it wasn't always like this but as I grew older I realized that I needed to expand my food choices and enhance my taste buds :). I have been making salmon for about 6 years (as along as I've been living on my own -- out of my parents' house hehe) and I still have yet to perfect it! I still under or over cook it. Salmon for me is my permanent trial and error dish but I have faith that I will perfect it ONE day :). I am always looking for new salmon recipes. I found this recipe on Pinterest and It was delicious. I recently discovered my love for Panko Bread Crumbs and any time I feel the urge to bread something, I grab Panko! You can never go wrong with Panko OR Salmon! Enjoy!!!

Ingredients:

 4 (6 oz. salmon fillets)
1 clove garlic
1 tsp lemon zest
2 tbsp fresh parsley
1 1/2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
1 1/2 tbsp Honey
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
3/4 cup Panko Bread Crumbs

Preparation:

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees (depending on oven) and spray 13X9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.

2. In a small bowl whisk together honey, mustard and garlic and a in shallow dish mix together panko bread crumbs, lemon zest and parsley. Drizzle olive oil over mixture and evenly coat.

3. Doing one salmon fillet at a time; brush top of one fillet with honey mixture and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (brush one side at a time). Transfer fillet to panko mix with honey mixture side facing down so the panko bread crumbs and stick. Brush other side with honey mixture and season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper. Transfer fillet to panko mix and coat that side. Repeat for remaining fillets.

4. Transfer each fillet to baking dish. Bake for 13 to 15 minutes, until salmon fillets are cooked through. You can add a lemon wedge to each fillet if you wish. Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment