Friday, February 19, 2016

Honey Garlic Chicken

Hi there! Here is another recipe from one of my favorite websites; damndelicious.net. Don't you love the name?! Everything that I have tried from her website surely is DAMN DELICIOUS. 
I always love trying new ways with making chicken and when I saw this recipe, it screamed TRY ME, TRY ME!! And that I did and it worked out splendidly :) I even got a compliment from a someone special who is rather hard to please in the kitchen :) Needless to say I patted my back and went to sleep that night with a smile on my face.

Ingredients:
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut crosswise in half
Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

For The Honey Garlic Sauce
1/2 cup honey, or more for taste
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp cornstarch

Preparation:
1. In a medium saucepan over medium high heat, combine honey, garlic and soy sauce. In a small bowl, combine cornstarch and 1/4 cup water. Stir mixture into the saucepan until thickened, about 1 to 2 minutes; set aside.

2. Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium high heat.

3. In a large bowl, combine flour, thyme, oregano, paprika and cayenne pepper.

4. Season chicken with sea salt and pepper, to taste. Working one at a time, dredge chicken in chicken in flour mixture, dip into eggs, then dredge in flour mixture again, pressing to coat.

5. Working in batches, add chicken to skillet, 2 or 3 at a time, and cook until evenly golden and crispy, about 3 to 4 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate.

6. Serve immediately with honey garlic sauce. Enjoy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment