Monday, March 7, 2016

Overnight Oats

      If breakfast is your favorite meal of the day then you will LOVE this recipe. There are so many different variations of this recipe but I decided to make mine simple but delicious! I cannot even tell you how excited I am to wake up in the morning just to eat breakfast. I literally have dreams about what I am going to eat the next morning, haha! My day is defined by breakfast. If I do not have breakfast, I will not be able to function throughout the day and it will be a bad day, no lie! 

If you are new to having breakfast as a priority in your life, this recipe is a great way to ease the most important meal of the day into your life.
          
This recipe is so simple and easy. It is basically dessert for breakfast but a healthy dessert. Honey and cinnamon are really all I need these days to make something sweet enough for me to enjoy. Did I mention they are both fairly low in calories especially cinnamon!! Cinnamon is known to help reduce belly fat, curb cravings, lower cholesterol and regulate blood sugar levels. Honey is known to boost the immune system, an aid in healing sore throats, good for hangovers and an excellent energy booster. This recipe is sure to convert the non-breakfast eater to someone who cannot wait to wake up the next morning :).

Overnight Oats
1 mason jar
1 cup rolled, old fashioned oats (NOT STEEL CUT! - they will not soak up the milk the proper way, I know this because I tried it before and it was not pretty nor good *lesson learned!)
1/2 - 1 cup Vanilla Almond Milk (Or your milk of preference)
Dash of cinnamon 
Squirt of honey (Raw Organic)

Preparation
1. Combine all ingredients in mason jar. Let it side over night in fridge.
2. Next day, mix together and enjoy!
*You can add fruit as well. I also love adding blueberries when I make it and natural peanut butter the next day once I mix everything together. So good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment