Saturday, March 26, 2016

Baked Eggplant

I recently tried Eggplant again because the first time wasn't so good. But I am learning to try new foods for a second time if I didn't like it the first time. That's how I fell in love with Avocadoes. 

Okay back to my original thought -- this Eggplant recipe is amazing and I love the fact that I give myself a second chance to try new foods. It can be used as a side or a substitute for an unhealthy side. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do! I made twice in one week ;)!

Ingredients 

Eggplant (the amount is up to you)
Beaten egg and a splash of milk (your peference)
Panko Breadcrumbs or Italian Breadcrumbs (you can eye the amount) 
Olive oil
Sea salt and freshly black pepper 
*based on how much Eggplant you use that will determine the amount of the other ingredients
Preparation 

1. Peel, slice and dip slices in beaten egg with a splash of milk and coat on all sides in Panko or Italian Breadcrumbs. Preheat oven to 425 (depending on oven).

2. Place slices in a baking pan, coated and heated with a layer of olive oil.

3. Put Eggplant in oven and bake for 20 minutes or until bottom is golden, then sprinkle tops with olive oil and turn over and bake until golden again. Add sea salt and freshly ground pepper 


No comments:

Post a Comment